Most of the time we prefer the train over buses, especially while Traveling for a long distance. Some of these facts about Indian railways will surely amuse you. Share it if its worthy.
10 facts you don’t know about Indian Railways :
1. At any time, 5% of India’s population will be traveling on trains.
2. The average cost of the stop of a train ranges from Rs. 12,716 to Rs. 24,506.
For Normal Trains,
Cost of Travel per person per Ticket is said Rs. 100/-
The cost to be collected from the passenger is Rs. 57/-
The cost to be borne by Indian Railway (Central Govt) Rs. 43/-
3. The number of passengers travels on Indian railways on one day is equal to the total population of Entire Australia and The number of passengers travels on Indian railways on one YEAR is MORE than the entire world population.
4. The total population of Finland or Singapore can be easily seated inside all the Indian Trains.
5. On an average 20,038 trains are on the run in India at any given moment!
6. For every 1 crore km of train run, there will be an accident (of any type, including minor ones).
7. Average diesel consumption of Indian Railway locomotives for a day is around 7.4 million liters is equal to the beer that Germans drink in a month.
8. Indian Railways employs 13,08,000 people or 1 out of every 1000 people in India.
9. Second (including Sleeper) Class contribute half of Indian Railway Passengers and Revenue.
10. The Indian Railways is reasonably the cheapest mode of motorized long-distance travel in the world, with a passenger paying only 38.74 paise (0.007 cents) to travel a kilometer on average.